As the owner of a local garage door repair business, you’ll want to do everything that you can to increase your customer base. Fortunately, there are ways to do this even with limited marketing resources as long as you focus your marketing online.
Online marketing is known for providing small business owners a level playing field with larger companies since they have just as much opportunity to access their target audience and to attract new customers without having to invest substantial amounts of money. The following are just a few tips to help you attract more customers online for your garage door repair services company:
- Find out who your target audience is – One of the biggest mistakes any business can make is to try and appeal to every single person out there. When you are attempting to attract every person to your business, you’ll end up not appealing to anyone. Figure out exactly who your audience is by looking at your existing customer data, social media followers, and more so that you can more effectively target that audience.
- Look for potential local business partners – Search for potential local business partners online. Even something as simple as sharing their content on your social media page or offering to write a guest blog can help kickstart a fruitful relationship. They may start linking back to your site as a result, thereby driving potential customers your way. As a garage door repair business owner, you might want to look at local builders, real estate agents, and contractors to team up with.
- Look at what your competitors are doing – Take a look at the websites and social media presence of your direct competitors. You can learn a lot about what works and doesn’t work for them which is information you can use to bypass a bit of trial and error in your marketing efforts.
- Use local SEO tactics – Optimize your website using strong, relevant local keywords that will help to boost your page rankings and make it easier for local customers to find you. One of the best methods for using local keywords is by including the name of the city or neighborhood you’re in as part of your keyword phrases. Also, to further strengthen your local SEO, make sure your site is optimized for mobile use, submit your NAP (name, address, and phone number) to various local directories (like Yelp or Angie’s List) and request reviews from your customers to help build up your reputation online.
- Provide your audience with something of value – You’re going to need a reason for customers to come to your site and to stay on it. This means you have to provide your audience with something of value. A blog full of relevant and informative content can go a long way in building brand authority and therefore, trust. If you’re trying to get visitors to sign up to your email list or to contact you, then offer them incentives for doing so, whether it’s a free eBook or even a coupon for one of your services, to name a few options.
- Set up an email marketing campaign – Email marketing has been around since online marketing was still a new concept—and it remains one of the most used because of how effective it is. By sending email newsletters to the people that have signed up, you can slowly nurture your leads into customers as well as nurture existing customers into regular customers. You may not have the resources to write newsletters twice a week for various segments of your audience, but even a bi-monthly newsletter can be very effective at keeping your company at the top of mind.
- Engage regularly on social media – Build a relationship with your customers and your followers on social media by posting links to your blog content, posting promotional offers, posting links to content you think your followers will like from other sources, and engaging with your followers by liking, sharing, or even commenting on their posts. You can even use social media to ask your followers questions about your business or their needs as well as hold contests that help to bring awareness to your company.
If you are running a small business, such as a small garage door repair company, then your survival and growth depend heavily on your ability to attract new customers. These are just a few of the online marketing strategies that you can use even with a smaller marketing budget to do just that.